Friday, October 14, 2011

door hanging

Have you ever received an Avon brochure on your door?  Did you secretly hate that Avon lady for doing that?
I'm trying to think of who else does this; most other solicitors would knock.  That can get annoying.  I have been a stay-at-home mom for many years, and I was always a tad paranoid when someone came a-knocking.
But an Avon brochure?  Even if you're not an Avon fan, its still better than a REAL solicitor, right?

Today I was out doing my door hangings.  Its usually a nice time for me; I don't get many opportunities to walk without my kids.  I usually leave a brochure, a sample, and my business card.  I like to go during the day when most people are away at work or running errands, because I'm not so much a salesman.

After returning home I get a phone call right away from an older lady.  She was very nice, saying she received it, then asked if I had a pen and paper.  I'm thinking she wants to place an order - YAY - then she gives me her address and says "you got that?"
me, "yep."
she says "don't you EVER ever EVER leave anything at my door again!"
me, "oh I'm so sorry.  I always look for the "no soliciting" sign and when I see one, I respect it and don't leave my Avon at that door.  I didn't see one at your house."
"well, I should not NEED to put one of those up to get privacy at my own house!"
click.

ok then.

How am I suppose to know that exactly?
This was an open residential area, no sign in the neighborhood or on her home about solicitors ... ???  I would just think if she was THAT concerned and offended about receiving such a thing, she would have moved to a gated community where that stuff is banned.  Then NO ONE from the outside world could have contact with her.

geesh!
I thought everyone loves the Avon Lady?!

No comments:

Post a Comment