Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Virtual Makeover

This is pretty cool, I must admit.
I'd say about a million times better than having to deal with the pressure of those department store chicks who CLEARLY have too much makeup on, not to mention, have about 5 squirts too many of expensive perfume.  ugh.  I digress ...

From the Avon website -

The virtual makeover uses the latest facial recognition and color rendering technology to help you to discover the right products and shades for you. You get to see how the products look in real time, while virtual makeover itemizes the products that make the look, creates a shopping list and even sends products directly to your shopping cart for you!
With Avon Virtual Makeover you can:
  • Use your own photo or select from a variety of model images.
  • Try makeup for face, eyes and lips.
  • Try the latest makeup looks instantly.
  • Even try new hairstyles and colors!


Do yourself a favor and upload a real picture of you.  You can do this with a model, but its just not the same.  In my opinion, it will defeat the whole purpose.  The goal after all is for YOU to try on different color combos with YOUR skin tone & coloring, not to guess which model looks most like you.  (If you have a mac, use your Photo Booth and whaa-laa.  easy peasy!)


Its best to get a picture of yourself in natural light.  Mine was taken mid-afternoon; its about to rain here, and so, its dreary inside and out with bad lighting all around.  This made it difficult for me to find the right foundation.  The color I normally buy, made me look like a ghost.  So I went darker, and that made me look like super-tan-leather-face.  The lighting is the trickiest part to this; if you get good light, then the colors will be more true to you.  (I prefer more ghost-like to the latter; dare I say team Edward?)


Also, if you take a picture of you without any makeup at all, the final result will be more dramatic.  not sure if that is a good thing or not, its just something to take note of.
(I really wanted to post my before and after pics for you, but it won't let me have the after pic to post ... good chance its operator error!)

Go through it all
* Foundation * Blush * Eyes * Lips * Hair *


As you are "trying on" various colors, what you decide to keep on your face, Avon will create a shopping list for you, so you will know the specific product line, color, and the item number to order it.  If you like a look you've made, save it, then start again trying out another style!  This is an easy way to play with any colors & trends you've been curious about, without having to commit.  A total win/win!


To get started -
Log in @ www.youravon.com/katiegrimm
Click on Shop Now
Under left side column - More Ways to Shop - click on Virtual Makeover
Its VERY easy, and it will walk you through step by step.


Try it out and please tell me about it.  I'm anxious to hear what you think!
Email me and I will post it on the blog :)  mrskatiegrimm@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment